Presenter, Online Social Media & Criminal Investigations
Lieutenant Charles "Chuck" Cohen has been with the Indiana State Police for more than 18 years. He is currently the commander of the Special Investigations and Criminal Intelligence sections and is responsible for the units investigating cyber crime, organized crime and corruption, vehicle crime and crimes against children. He also oversees the Department's overt and covert criminal intelligence function, in addition to serving as the Commander of the Indiana Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force.
His formal education includes a Masters in Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University and an undergraduate degree from Indiana University with a double major in Criminal Justice and Psychology. He is also a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Lt. Cohen speaks internationally on topics including the implications of online social networks in criminal investigations and criminal intelligence gathering, cyber crime, online fraud, money laundering, corruption investigations, and the investigation of skilled criminal offenders. He is an Adjunct Instructor at Indiana University Bloomington, where he teaches Foundations of Criminal Investigation.
Lt. Cohen is a published author, including peer-reviewed material and a cover article for Police Chief Magazine and was featured on the cover of the National White Collar Crime Center's Informant. He was a subject matter expert for a Fox nationally syndicated show regarding criminal activity in online dating sites and for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's® national news regarding criminal activity in Virtual Worlds.
Recent Noteworthy Presentations:
- 2012 NW3C Beaver, West Virginia Outreach - Presenter, Online Social Media & Criminal Investigations
- 2012 NW3C Northern Virginia Outreach - Presenter, Online Social Media & Criminal Investigations
- 2011 NW3C Jackson, Mississippi Outreach - Presenter, Online Social Media & Criminal Investigations
- 2011 International Data Communications Conference - London, U.K. - Co-sponsored by Home Office, Metropolitan Police Service Directorate of Information and FBI Operational Technology Division
- 2011 & 2010 ISS World Europe Conferences - Prague, Czech Republic - Conference keynote presenter and private training session
- 2011 & 2010 ISS World Americas Conference - Washington, D.C. - Conference Keynote presenter and private training session
- 2010 MAGLOCLEN Annual Conference - Columbus, OH - Keynote presenter
Presenter, Illicit Tobacco Trafficking Patterns
Ray Rowley joined Altria Client Services as a Law Enforcement Engagement Manager in October 2011 after concluding a 30-year federal law enforcement career that included 24 years with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
During Mr. Rowley’s time with ATF he held a variety of field and headquarters positions including supervising a drug trafficking task force that focused on firearms and gang related violent crime; supervising the development and delivery of basic and advanced training while assigned to ATF’s Office of Training and Professional Development; serving as an Assistant Special Agent in Charge of ATF’s New England operations and Chief of Staff to the Assistant Director for Field Operations.
He was also the National Coordinator for Public Safety and Security under the National Response Plan where he worked closely with law enforcement and public safety agencies to ensure an effective response to all-hazard emergencies requiring federal law enforcement assistance; and the Chief of ATF’s Firearms Programs Division where he was responsible for leading and managing the development and implementation of firearms and tobacco enforcement programs and policies.