This training is intended for U.S. Criminal Justice
Practitioners. Please register using your agency-issued email.
This course introduces
learners to the concept of digital footprints and best practices in protecting
personally identifiable information (PII). Topics include limiting an
individual's digital footprint, protecting privacy on social media, and the
consequences of oversharing personal information, along with steps to take after
becoming a target of doxing.
Key concepts covered in this course include:
• Current landscape
• Personally identifiable
• Minimizing your
• Social media
This course has been certified by IADLEST as part of
the National Certification Program.
complete this course and pass the post test are eligible for 1.0 point toward
the 3CI certification.
All classes are
subject to cancellation up to 45 days before the start of class if the minimum
class registration threshold is not met.
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) course. You will use your own laptop computer for all in-class exercises.
The hands-on practical exercises are intensive, critical to understanding the material being taught, and required to successfully complete the class. If your computer hardware does not meet the mandatory requirements listed below, your experience in taking the class will be less than ideal and may also impact other students while the instructors take time to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
Mandatory Operating System Requirements
•Operating system.Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS v10.12 or later. Make sure your operating system is fully updated prior to class.
•Smartphones and tablets are prohibited.
• Local administrator access is required. If you do not have administrative rights, you will not be able to successfully complete the class. Prior to class, please check with your IT department to install the required software.
• Disconnect your VPN . Disconnect your work virtual private network (VPN). Being connected to the Internet through a VPN can block access to the virtual lab environment.
Mandatory Software Requirements
• Citrix Workspace App. Required to access our virtual lab environment and to complete the required hands-on practical exercises.
• Google Chrome. The recommended browser to launch our virtual lab environment.
• Webex Meetings. Required to enter our live online training environment, Webex Training Center.
• Webex Chrome Extension. Required to launch our live online training environment, Webex Training Center, and works hand-in-hand with the Webex Meetings application.
*Your attendance at this course is conditional upon your compliance with CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19 prevention. While CDC, state, and local guidance is designed to reduce the rate of COVID-19 infections, nothing can eliminate your risk of contracting COVID-19 or one of its variants. By attending this class, you acknowledge that you understand and are assuming the risk of contracting COVID-19. Due to the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19 guidance, infection rates, and safety standards, this class may be rescheduled or cancelled on short notice.