This training is intended for U.S. Criminal Justice
Practitioners. Please register using your agency-issued email.
This course covers the acquisition,
examination, and analysis of many types of financial records, including bank
statements and checks, wire transfer records, and business records. Topics
include recognizing and investigating common indicators of fraud, using
spreadsheets to facilitate analysis and pattern recognition, and financial
profiling. There is a strong focus on presenting financial evidence in multiple
modalities: spreadsheet data outputs, graphic representations, and written/oral
Key concepts covered in this course include:
• Introduction to analysis
• Financial records
• Hands-on experience
complete this course and pass the post-test are eligible for 1.0 point toward
the CECFE, 3CI, and 3CIA certifications.
This is an intermediate
course, intended for financial crimes investigators working with Microsoft, and experience
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
To receive a certificate upon completion
of this course, the following must be completed:
• Score of 80% or above on post-test
• Submission of an Investigation Plan
• Submission of a PowerPoint presentation
NW3C may cancel any class for any reason and
without notice. NW3C
is not responsible for non-refundable travel accommodations lost or rendered moot as a result
of a class cancellation.
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) course. You will use your own laptop computer for all in-class exercises.
The hands-on practical exercises are intensive, critical to understanding the material being taught, and required to successfully complete the class. If your computer hardware does not meet the mandatory requirements listed below, your experience in taking the class will be less than ideal and may also impact other students while the instructors take time to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
Mandatory Operating System Requirements
• Operating system.Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS v10.12 or later. Make sure your operating system is fully updated prior to class.
• Smartphones and tablets are prohibited.
• Local administrator access is required. If you do not have administrative rights, you will not be able to successfully complete the class. Prior to class, please check with your IT department to install the required software.
• Disconnect your VPN. Disconnect your work virtual private network (VPN). Being connected to the Internet through a VPN can block access to the virtual lab environment.
Mandatory Software Requirements
• Google Chrome. The recommended browser to launch our virtual lab environment.
• Webex Meetings. Required to enter our live online training environment, Webex Training Center.
• Webex Chrome Extension. Required to launch our live online training environment, Webex Training Center, and works hand-in-hand with the Webex Meetings application.
*Your attendance at this course is conditional upon your compliance with CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19 prevention. While CDC, state, and local guidance is designed to reduce the rate of COVID-19 infections, nothing can eliminate your risk of contracting COVID-19 or one of its variants. By attending this class, you acknowledge that you understand and are assuming the risk of contracting COVID-19. Due to the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19 guidance, infection rates, and safety standards, this class may be rescheduled or cancelled on short notice.