This training is intended for U.S. Criminal Justice
Practitioners. Please register using your agency-issued email.
This course prepares
students to identify various artifacts typically located in property lists and
SQLite databases on MacOS-based computers, as well as learn how to perform
forensic analysis. Students gain hands-on practical experience writing basic SQL
queries and using them to analyze operating system artifacts that includes, but is
not limited to, user login passwords, FaceTime®, messages,
mail, contacts, calendars, reminders, notes, photos, Safari®, Google Chrome™, and Mozilla
covered in this course include:
• Processing basics
• SQLite queries
complete this course and pass the post-test are eligible for 1.0 point toward
the 3CE certification.
This is an advanced course intended for
digital forensic examiners who have experience working with macOS, and
experience preserving and collecting data of evidentiary value.
NW3C recommends that students complete the following courses before
registering for Advanced Digital Forensic Analysis: macOS:
NW3C may cancel any class for any reason
and without notice.
NW3C is not responsible for non-refundable travel accommodations lost or rendered moot as a
result of a class cancellation.
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) course. You will use your own laptop computer for all in-class exercises.
The hands-on practical exercises are intensive, critical to understanding the material being taught, and required to successfully complete the class. If your computer hardware does not meet the mandatory requirements listed below, your experience in taking the class will be less than ideal and may also impact other students while the instructors take time to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
Mandatory Operating System Requirements
•Operating system.Your computer must be running Microsoft Windows 10 or macOS v10.12 or later. Make sure your operating system is fully updated prior to class.
•Smartphones and tablets are prohibited.
• Local administrator access is required. If you do not have administrative rights, you will not be able to successfully complete the class. Prior to class, please check with your IT department to install the required software.
• Disconnect your VPN . Disconnect your work virtual private network (VPN). Being connected to the Internet through a VPN can block access to the virtual lab environment.
Mandatory Software Requirements
• Citrix Workspace App. Required to access our virtual lab environment and to complete the required hands-on practical exercises.
• Google Chrome. The recommended browser to launch our virtual lab environment.
• Webex Meetings. Required to enter our live online training environment, Webex Training Center.
• Webex Chrome Extension. Required to launch our live online training environment, Webex Training Center, and works hand-in-hand with the Webex Meetings application.
*Your attendance at this course is conditional upon your compliance with CDC, state, and local guidance regarding COVID-19 prevention. While CDC, state, and local guidance is designed to reduce the rate of COVID-19 infections, nothing can eliminate your risk of contracting COVID-19 or one of its variants. By attending this class, you acknowledge that you understand and are assuming the risk of contracting COVID-19. Due to the rapidly changing nature of COVID-19 guidance, infection rates, and safety standards, this class may be rescheduled or cancelled on short notice.