This course is intended for law enforcement personnel.
Please register using your agency-issued email address.
Cyber-Forensics and Training Alliance (NCFTA) offers training courses for law
enforcement that optimize learning via a combination of lectures and hands-on
This course covers the current cyber-criminal threat landscape on both the
clear net and the dark web, including profiles of the threat actors and how they
operate. Students learn how to conduct basic online investigations, how to
interact online without compromising oneself, and how to become operational
across both the clear net and the dark web. This hands-on course involves
leveraging a variety of open source tools to assess and profile international
NCFTA provides laptops for use during class.
- Understand the ongoing cyber threat.
- Review the NCFTA process for building a machine for
conducting online research.
- Conduct online research to identify threats to your
organization. Create and maintain accounts; employ basic encryption
- The Tor network: how it works and how to access it;
find and navigate dark web forums and marketplaces.
- NCFTA-guided hands-on exercises: fundamentals for
- Learn how to create a Bitcoin wallet, purchase
cryptocurrencies, and make purchases using cryptocurrencies.
- Develop intelligence reporting based on the information you