How Virtual Currency is Changing the Way We InvestigateDuration: 90 minutes
This webinar will discuss the impact virtual currency has on
investigations. Starting with a brief introduction into what virtual currency
is, how to get it, who is using it and why, we will then discuss some high
profile cases, such as Silk Road and the recent Alpha Bay and Hansa takedowns;
we will discuss how virtual currency has fueled the rise in ransomware over the
past few years; additionally, we will also cover some methods and tools
investigators are leveraging to ’follow the money’. Finally, we will discuss
where virtual currency is going. Upon completion of this webinar, students will:
• Better understand what virtual currency is, how to get it, sell it, etc.
• Understand who uses virtual currency.
• Understand the role of virtual currency in ransomware.
• Be familiar with some of the tools to help with investigations.
• Better overall understanding of how virtual currency has impacted the entire underground eco-system.Presenters
Steve Mancini, CTO and Director of Strategic Operations, NCFTA
Sean Wolfgang, Intelligence Analyst III, NCFTA
Webinar Fee: $39.00 per attendee